Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Yarn Along- Owlet Cardigan

I finished the little Miss's sweater just in time for our trip.
I pretty much followed the pattern aside from the rapid decreases I added on the sleeves and waist to give it the little puffy arm look. I dislike rolling up sleeves and stretching out the wool. 
Speaking of wool; this particular wool (Patons) has a rather strong smell to it, especially when it gets even a little bit wet- which to be sure it does. She is slobbery.
I'll have to look into that.
Not the slobber-the smell.
 

 
A few days ago I cast on for a little vest for her with some deliciously soft new yarn. Unfortunately I was distracted,  left my work, didn't write anything down, and now I don't have the slighttest idea where I am. I'm going to need to start over despite the wave of "new project excitement" that has now passed.
Still love thae earthy purple-mossy green yarn so just maybe I'll be able to muster up
some motivation. :)
On the reading front I've been working my way through the latest Cooks Illustrated. What a great magazine! I always love the thoughtful editorials and of course-talk of food.
Perfect Oatmeal Muffins here I come!

3 comments:

  1. That cardigan is fabulous, both the pattern and the color are great choices!
    Don't give up on that new project, the yarn is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a fan of Cooks Illustrated too. I like the fact that there are no ads and the recipes are well thought out. Happy knitting and reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bountiful Baskets sounds awesome! It's like a CSA, but better because of the volunteers and lower prices. Glad you are back on the bread wagon, too. I am getting ready to try a new recipe today! Good luck with the new yarn..:)

    ReplyDelete