Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Yarn Along-honey cowl


 

 
It was so nice to finish something just for me and be able to wrap it around my own neck. :)
I've  been wearing it inside out- reminds me of a stained glass window for some reason, so
I'm very happy with it.
The yarn for Buddy's birthday sweater arrived and has been cast on. If you're thinking "This is sort of an odd time of the year to knit a sweater for someone..." you would be right.
I've just sort of come to conclusion that as our family increases sweater knitting as got to be more of a year around thing. That and maybe he'll get a month of wear out of it before summer arrives. You can never tell with this funny midwest weather. May can be tricky that way...
The yarn is Quince and Co Lark in the Split Pea if you're wondering, and the pattern is the Abate.
I just love the sweatshirty feel about it as well as all that extra ease built into the pattern.
I think it will be perfectly cozy.
We just started reading through the Catholic Picture Bible in honor of the upcoming Easter. I'm suprised at how much I am enjoying the stories as well as the boys. At any rate, the pictures are bright and beautiful, and the stories simple while still leaving enough meat- if you know what I mean.
Well, I'd better get knitting!
Oh boy.

2 comments:

  1. Honey is beautiful.
    The pictures of your yarn and babies are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cowl :) And I'm so glad you got some Quince & Co yarn, I've knit with it a couple times and loved it. That Abate pattern is awesome, I'd never seen it before -- may have to try it soon :)

    ReplyDelete