Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Yarn Along (www.gsheller.com)

I received "Toe-UP," for Christmas this year (Thanks Santa!) and have since then begun my first "real" socks. Socks on circular needles is wonderful to say the least, not that I have a whole lot of experience in the sock department, but I'm certain that I'm not a huge fan of dpn's. I've been reading "The Midwife" which my grandma was kind enough to lone me. I have to be quite honest; I have become enamoured with this book! I just can't put it down and seeing as Will is nursing less and less these days (my quiet time granted Simo plays along...) I only get about a chapter in a day. But, I'm enjoying every minute of it, and I would highly recommend it.
.


On a completely different topic, Simon and I attempted to make Alaskan blueberry yogurt. After a long process, 3 cups of blueberries, lots of sugar, and 5 cups of milk; the milk curdled.... sigh...
After I pulled myself together we decided to go another route, sticking with our original recipe(tired and true right? You'd think...but no.) We woke up to exactly what we went to sleep with. Gosh darn it. I'm nearly out of milk, yogurt will have to wait until next week.


Thankfully we managed to successfully make granola this morning and my spirits are lifted. :)








4 comments:

  1. Too bad about the yogurt but the granola looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to try toe up socks two at a time... just need to get me some matching needles and give it a go! They look scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the yarn! I've been looking for some yarn which would make the stripes as I knit, but they alway have only one-color yarns in our shop...will have to look somewhere else :)
    the ocks look really nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel for ya, Anny, but way to make the effort-especially w/ Simon! I myself have dissolved into tears after hours in the kitchen with undesired results. Not a happy feeling...at least you redeemed yourself with the granola!

    ReplyDelete