Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter-ness

Ha! It looks like I only made it five days with the last prompt! I had meant to go a week but seem to bore easily. About a million and a half photos later (don't worry I wont post them...) of my kids playing all sorts of different "games" I decided I didn't really want to post about that.


So... on to EASTER! The Easter festivities this year consisted of an Easter egg hunt. In my naivety I envisioned Simon frolicking through the city park in search of Easter eggs. Looking behind trees, perhaps underneath a little rock.


The reality was more of a 15 second elbow throwing sprint....Alex managed to push a couple little kids over in order to grab two little eggs for Simon, who by the way, had no idea what in the heckwas going on.


At the very least is was nice to get out of the house and Simon enjoyed staring at all of the little kids. Poor lonely boy...


Easter eggs was of course fun. Why do we only do that once a year!! My only mistake was only boiling 11 eggs (don't ask why I didn't do 12 I have no clue!) By the time I was done setting everything up Simon and Alex had finished coloring on their THREE eggs and had moved on to eating them... We ended up with 8 finished eggs.



Note to self: next year cook approximately 3 dozen eggs-2 dozen for me, and 12 for the boys to eat, color, and do as they please.




(robot prize inside of the chocolate Easter eggs Nana sent)




(looking good in Daddy's headset)



Hoping everyone had a most blessed Easter!

1 comment:

  1. Nothing like starting the Easter weekend with a little elbow throwing. What in the world does that teach the kids? Ha. Nevertheless, our kids had fun for those 15 seconds. I have memories of that Egg Hunt at the park when I was a kid, but I was older, and it was a little less hectic.
    Sorry, we haven't gotten to hang out with you as much as we wanted this Winter. The sick-bug seems to have its way of keeping us at home and alone.
    We'll miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete