Friday, April 15, 2011

Cheap Entertainment

In an effort to reject the current popular culture of having lots and lots of "stuff" for my kids, and reminding myself of my children's very natural, intuitive way of coming up with unlimited ingenious ways of having fun.


Part 3-Books


It's so satisfying to see both Simon and Will "reading" throughout the day. I've noticed that the quieter/less busy we keep our days and evenings, the more they both (as well as Alex and I) seem to gravitate towards books.

I especially love watching the little developmental stages they go through.

At current Simon is very much into "reading" (which usually involves him making up his own version of the story), but he's also starting to actually listen to the stories, which is pretty fun. Will, on the other hand, is very much into pointing at everything in the book and doesn't have any patience for the actual story. It's so fun to see him light up when he points a "really cool" picture out.


No comments:

Post a Comment