We try and always have a book we're reading out loud together. It's a fun tradition that started a few years ago when I was pregnant with Simon. We've since read quite a few books aloud and just recently finished the entire Harry Potter series which is an absolute favorite story of mine, and now my husbands. So... because I picked the Harry Potter series my husband of course has chosen that we read some Louis L'Amour. I think it will be an entertaining read, although the old english makes for some harder reading out loud material.

On my needles (well, just recently off...) is a beret from Quince & Co. The yarn is their osprey in emerald. I have to say that it by far my most favorite yarn I've ever knit with. It's so soft and thick with no fraying or splitting. Just perfect. I would LOVE to make a sweater with it someday.
Todays yarn along hosted by Ginny at small things.
The 'One Yard' book is awesome. It even has some patterns tucked inside! I love the color of the beret you made! My husband has suggested I read the Potter books- maybe I'll suggest we read them aloud too! What a nice thing to do together :) Oh, and your boys are super adorable!
ReplyDeleteYou had me with 'no splitting' the yarn I'm currently using is better than my last but the splitting can make me crazy! I'm about to embark on reading the ENTIRE Harry Potter series to my kids. One is grown and some are too young but the ones in the middle are going to be thrilled even if they've already read it!
ReplyDeleteHey there! Cute post :) I LOVE the Quince & Co too -- currently have a sweater for Bryan going with it and, I agree -- one of the best yarns :)
ReplyDeleteHappy December to you guys and Merry Christmas! We're going to be off the blog radar soon until the middle of January ....
xoxo
I've been dying to try some Quince & Co. yarn--maybe I'll find some in my Christmas stocking. My husband and I read together, too--love it!
ReplyDeleteOh that green is lovely!!!
ReplyDelete