The weather was amazing, perfect crisp fall weather with bright cheery skies and architecture that is simply put, breathtaking.
I'll always cherish the memory of enjoying a long leisurely dinner together, tucked into our tiny table in that little french cafe, enjoying delicious wine, equally delicious food, and of course- plenty of laughter. So. much. fun. Such a special memory.
Seeing the Eiffel Tower sparkling for the first time was magical!
Early Sunday morning we headed off to catch mass at Notre Dame. The streets and metro were quiet and the sun was just coming up on the horizon.
Walking over cobblestone bridges and absolutely surrounded by beautiful and intricate architecture we made our way along. So much to look at. It's hard to breathe it all in.
No crowds, no noise, just Paris at it's best in the quiet morning light.
It was... completely gorgeous...something out of a dream.
That man's voice at mass- echoing through the halls of Notre Dame- I could have just sat there all day
A short but sweet trip.
And, the icing on the cake is the incredible gift of having Anna's beautiful photos to cherish and look back on. It's not everyday you get to leave the camera at home and instead be followed around my an amazing photographer!
They're all so beautiful it was hard to narrow it down even a little.
Paris 2037 Anna? I'll buy the wine, you bring the chocolate. :)




















Oh, I love you. Thanks for posting this, I was thinking about it the other day as well, time flies but I am ready for another visit when you are!
ReplyDeleteJust makes me smile to think of you two, in Paris, alone. who would have thought.... Hugs to you Angela. Linda
ReplyDelete