So there was this scarf... a really really long infinity scarf knit up in the most vibrant shade of spring green you can imagine. So wonderful I tell you- like a fresh spring bud.
It also happened to be knit up in a slightly fussy lace pattern- not forgiving in the mistake department. At one point I messed up so terribly that I realized I would have to unwind roughly 5 roughs (330 stitches a piece) and quite frankly, I was simply not up for the challenge. And so it sat. It the victor, me the defeated.
For weeks. For months. For a year! Meanwhile not a whole lot was coming off my needles due to the looming scarf over in the corner ! I really needed to deal with it but couldn't seem to muster up the courage.
Until a couple of weeks ago that is. A few hours later I was back on track. Phew! Its finally done! What a relief. I feel so FREE!
And so, since then, knitting has found its way back into my life.
Our life I should say.
William and Simon have started as well. I didn't think they would be old enough but thought they might as well give it a go if they were interested.
Turns out they do just fine!
It makes me giggle to see them both cuddled up on the couch knitting together like two little old men.
Oh Angela. How I've enjoyed looking through your photos and reading your notes. You bring joy to motherhood and family.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your blog. Love to you and your lovely family. Linda Konkel