Friday, February 19, 2016

Happy














Today is a good day. 
These last couple of weeks have been a little rough for me. And what a funk it was. I just couldn't seem to shake it despite my best efforts. I felt certain it was simply the lack of sunshine and a nice sunny day would do the trick. But as the sun came streaming in through our windows filling our whole house with a warm glow- instead of basking in the light I found myself in the bath. On the north side of our house that is.
No, I was not enjoying the joyful day, creating, playing, daydreaming...I was simply in the bath.
At 10:30 am.
With chocolate and a book.

There you have it.

One of those moments in life when you think to yourself. Gee, I really hope we don't get any visitors at the moment. Children running around in pajamas, unsupervised at that, doing who-knows what, breakfast remnants still on the table.
It wasn't the sun it turns out. It was cabin fever.
No projects, nothing to work towards, nothing to dream of.  I admit to feeling very disconnected from the things I love at times. These things in life that you don't realize the importance of until they are gone.
A couple of outings was all took to fix the cabin fever it turns out.
Amazing what a little fresh air will do for your soul. :)
I'm ready now to take on these next few weeks with joy. Four packages of seeds sitting on my counter waiting patiently for the second week of March when I'll start them as seedlings.
Oh, how sweet it is too look forward to the simple things!
A good reminder for always.



1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you are doing better, I felt that way pretty much the entire month of January, all things pass. Can't wait to come and visit again! xo

    ReplyDelete