During these dreary winter days I've been thinking back to warmer days.
Our trip to Croatia- which was at the time, more than a little overwhelming.
What was supposed to be a relatively easy day drive took us 2 days. Stau after stau. Four days of driving for 4 days of vacation. We were under prepared to say the least and finally arrived to something quite different than we had envisioned. Maybe we had over romanticized it from the beginning. But, I remember finally getting home and feeling like I never wanted to leave the house again.
Isn't it funny what a little bit of time will do for a memory? I'm looking back at these photos that I never had a chance to share and feeling just a tiny bit nostalgic. Nostalgic for those sweet blonde beach babies that will never be quite as small again. For the warmth of the sun, the green of summer, and for a little bit of adventure during these winter days.
I had forgotten how hot it was, the meltdowns, the traffic, the crowds and had been left with this warm photo in my mind of the sun, the ocean and kids.
Thank goodness that the mind tends to remember the good and forget the bad.
The good is so much better. :)
These are great Ann, thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete