Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Praha *** Praga *** Prague


St. Cyril. Just a regular old neighborhood church...





























I'm sitting here trying to decide what I want to remember about Prague.

What a huge city-my goodness! I think you'd need a solid month (and no children) to be able to see everything. Everywhere you look, right and left its one massive castle/building/church/statue/who knows what after another. You think I'm exaggerating -but I'm not.

Who where these people that lived here hundreds of years ago?!
Who in the world could build such amazingly detailed and gigantic works of art? Many of which are of course incredibly famous with tons of written history revolving around some king, queen, princess or another. And others, of which are just ho hum in Prague. Nothing unusual. Hundred of year old apartment buildings carved intricately of stone. Nothing to see here!

The talent....the time.... the money.... Its truly unreal- something you'd have to see to believe.
And it just goes on. Mile after mile after mile.
We spend the day taking a tour of old town in a vintage 1943 car. So much fun! Although a tad bit freezing by the end.  Freezing cold, and the two littlest ones having meltdowns by the end. Nothing some food couldn't fix.
We filled our bellies up with tea, soup, bear, potatoes, sausage and lots and lots of fresh bread and headed down the street to walk the Charles Bridge. Beautiful. Just like the pictures I've seen.
We hit up the town square and did some window shopping. William got to hold the tiniest little pig you ever did see.  I admired all the beautiful buildings and hand made puppets.
Eventually we made our way back to the car-no ticket thankfully- and back to the hotel/waterpark for us.
Waterslides, swimming, waterslides, waterslides, swimming, laser show, waterslides.
Eat. Repeat.
We're home now and I'm seriously looking forward to a home cooked meal tonight.
Looking forward to our next visit after we recover.  Maybe next year. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment