Tuesday, January 20, 2015

A Little Bit of Germany

 









 
 
 
 



 
I think the flowers here have influenced me forever. Lined up on the market streets, crowding in the windows sills, hanging over the edges of window baskets-pinks and greens- it's incredibly charming.  Germans have certainly perfected flowers.
And shrubs.
Perfectly trimmed in the tiniest yards you could ever imagine.
 
 
Candles are a part of every day use here.
Real candles.
In the middle of the day!
 
They're usually set in large class votives about a foot high and you see them  in store windows and restaurants, and outside pharmacy doors and shops.
Sometimes a single pillar candle in a 3 foot high glass lantern.
It's really lovely.
 
I wish I had more photos to share.
But I don't. :)
 Maybe next time.
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. wow! how beautiful!!! what an experience also for your kids!! those pictures speak volumes!! how lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete