Inside:
There are not two, but THREE very capable movers in this house.
I feel like she's grown up so much in the last few weeks. Playing with the boys, pushing chairs around, unloading cabinets, shelves and drawers, grabbing books down to be read (her favorite is "Did you kiss the baby?"), dragging her blanket, doll and stuffed animals around the house, escaping each time the front door is opened to wave at the passing traffic and the bolt for the road...., all the while giggling like its all a funny little joke that she can finally move quickly and do things on her own. How fast she's growing! How odd/surreal to suddenly feel the presence of this fun little person in our home. Many times I'll be busy around the house, the three of them playing together, and I can't shake the feeling that I've forgotten a little napping baby somewhere.
Outside:
Finally some fall leaves! My goodness-it took long enough. I've only been somewhat obsessed with trying to spot them since September...
We're still having beautiful "Autumn" weather with just the right amount of cooler days thrown in.
I think last week sometime we were in the 40's for 2 or 3 days straight. It was cold! Thankfully, we managed to live through it by staying indoors and turning our heat up. ;) phew! Back to the 70's. this week.
The boys are very much into playing in the back yards and trees with the neighbors. Turns out Simon is quite the tree climber. A little too bold for my liking. But, he is four after all and as he reminds me regularly-he's getting very big. Little Maria would love to be let out to play with all the kids...poor girl just stares at them through the fence while eating dirt...
Making:
Knitting knitting lots of knitting-trying to get Simon's sweater finished by Thanksgiving.
Then maybe Maria's too? Doubtful but wouldn't that be wonderful.
Just finished my first batch of soap! Let me tell you, who knew making soap could be so exciting? But it really is! It's so exciting! I can't wait to start on the second batch, and then in three weeks we can finally test the product! Oh boy...
This is the best tutorial I've found-I just love her.
In the Kitchen:
A couple noteworthy recipes
This biscuit recipe is my go to. It's so versatile! Simply cut the butter into the dry ingredients and add enough milk to make the consistency you want. I've used it wetter on top of soup, as well as cut biscuits out of it to bake. Delicious either way, and easy-that's the best part.
We made Lumpia (frozen section that is) but in my opinion the chicken part of the dish is the best part. Seriously just do it! Here's the recipe, it's very complicated. ;)
Philippino Chicken Recipe:
Take Chicken (I used 8 fresh chicken thighs) Put them in a dutch oven or pot, add:
1 cup soy sauce and
1/4 cup vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)
Cook on low for 2 or 3 (or more!) hours.
*Don't add water- there will be plenty of liquids in an hour or so...
That's it! And it is soo good! The meat just falls off the bones. Serve it over rice. Add some veggies if you're feeling extra energetic.
No comments:
Post a Comment