Wednesday, November 13, 2013
A sweater for my little guy
Finally finished William's "Birthday Sweater" about a week ago -only 6 months late. :)
(It's the Abate pattern done in Quince and co, larkspur in split pea. Actually it's still missing the drawstring.... )
And let me tell you, it doesn't get any more rewarding than knitting for this extra cute guy.
He watched and watched and watched from the moment I dug it out to finish off the sleeves.
He kept telling me in despair, "Mom, but it's a very long time!"
And from the moment it was off the needles it's pretty much been on him. Well, when he's actually wearing clothes that is. There's even been a little wearing it to bed some nights.
But my absolute favorite is how proud he is to wear it-how he tells all his friends (in his completely adorable 3 year old voice) that he's wearing his special sweater that his mom made for him.
Melts my heart he does.
I just can't get enough of that little face. I mean come on!
Cute attack!
I'm so in love. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awesome!!! It looks so good. At the point in knitting I am now, it is so crazy to me that you can actually make big, substantial pieces of clothing like that. The vest is coming along, though :) The sweater looks great, and I am so happy that he's so proud of it!! adorable....
ReplyDeletewhat a lovely sweater!!! and such a cute young one!! yay!
ReplyDeleteLove everything about this ;) About the sweetest thing ever ... and he isn't look so little anymore! Especially in that first photo. xoxo
ReplyDelete