So we're finally feeling a little bit "normal," whatever that means with Alex gone.
We ended up changing rentals about 2 weeks after we arrived for a number of reasons- mostly the laundry and parking situation. Which meant we had to round up some furniture- seeing as the new apartment wasn't furnished. Amazing what you can round-up for cheap/free between friends, family, and thrift stores. At any rate- the first month seemed like a mad dash and we were finally moved into the new place just in time for Alex to arrive.
A few lessons learned in the meantime.:
1. Sometimes you have absolutely NO control over childrens meltdowns. Period end of story. So you move on.
2. From time to time- hugs and naps work better then crunk parenting.
3. It is a FACT that people rarely visit me aside from the 10 % of the time that my house is trashed...the predictability is fascinating.
4. It's such a burden lifted to not care anymore, I really recommend it.
5. A few cartoon shows each day are fine by me.
6. Never leave the house without car keys, money, phone, and diaper bag. Never.
7. Remaining calm turns big deals into not so big deals.
I'm sure there were about a gazillion more, but I'm drawing a blank.
(Maria at 2 months)
(William and cousin Maddy)
We had a very nice Christmas with Alex-a welcomed break for both of us and the boys. Now he's back at Basic and we're all working on adjusting again.
I finally figured out how to post pictures again...they switched it up...so hopefully I'll do a better job of updating.
Yay!! Was so excited to see you back on the grid! Been thinking a lot of you guys. Thanks for posting the pics -- do I spy Alex in a unionsuit lecturing the kiddos? Hilarious ;) Best wishes for January .... xoxo
ReplyDeleteI've been wondering how everything is going for you guys...so glad for an update! Looking forward to more pictures/posts...xo
ReplyDeleteSo nice to see the new life. Will sure loves those babies, doesn't he? :)
ReplyDeletethey did switch up the picture uploading! I can no longer browse my computer to upload my pictures. how did you do it?
ReplyDelete