Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Canning MADNESS

It has in fact been complete and utter madness around here. Why anyone in there right mind would even attempt to can such an outrageous number of Salmon is beyond me. Caught up in the moment? Perhaps. At any rate, by Friday night I had nearly sworn off canning for the season after three long, stinky days, about 400 pints of Salmon (not including the half pints...) 4 metal canners rock'n up of storm, and some very late nights. However... too much canned Salmon is never a BAD thing, and we were able to can for 4 families. So....mission accomplished I'd say.
It looks like we'll be taking a turn at the wheel again Friday. Yay. I guess we'll start preparing our stock for next winter?












The greenhouse is thriving. It smells so good. I've decided that in addition to my exotic "dirt" candle there should also be a "greenhouse" candle. Wouldn't that be nice during an end of March snow storm?

The actual garden is coming along slowly. Everything's up except some carrots, and lettuce, and I can hardly wait for the peas to start producing. Yum.



No comments:

Post a Comment