As of recently I've been thinking a lot about vocations in life. I'm not sure what exactly the word vocation means but I'm using it in the sense of a divine purpose in which you honor God.
Usually what comes to mind for me is obviously the religious life; that of a priest, nun, or monk. A close second would be missionaries, and red-cross workers.
Kind of hard to live up to don't you think?
Maybe Alex and I should pack the kiddos up and head on over to Ethiopia for a couple of years. Then maybe I would feel like I'm serving God in some small way rather then just being "a mom."
Then it occured to me that maybe there are different ways to serve God. Where would the world be if there were no mothers?
My days overflow with oppertunities to serve God. I am called to be selfless, kind, loving, patient, joyful... What if that is my vocation, and what if it is just as honorable, and good in the eyes of the lord as those mentioned above.
Now how uplifting and emplowering is that?!
Something worth thinking about anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment