Sunday, October 31, 2010

"Hoo Hoo"

[Posted by Alex]

Anny made a great owl costume for Simon this year. He enjoyed walking around the senior home collecting candy from the elders for the simple price of some owl hooting - one sound he does well. He must've liked the candy too, so much in fact that he threw up all over his costume when we got home. The first of many lessons he will learn about consuming too much of a good thing (I'm still working on this). At any rate, I think our family enjoyed talking and meeting the old folks as much as they enjoyed our young company.

William, on the other hand, pretty much slept through Halloween. I guess Simon's old lion costume was warm and comfortable. That, and he was all tired out from our visitors this weekend. He was a tuckered out lion, but held off being grouchy until home.

And lastly, our great pumpkin carving: I at least try to go for "scary." Anny must want to create balance between the jack-o-lanterns or something. She is developing a pattern of carving happy faces, fit with stars and other fantastic designs. But balance is good - I think it's one of the reasons God gave us marriage.

Happy Halloween to everyone.












No comments:

Post a Comment