I can hardly believe this little guy is finally here!
Those last weeks seemed to take forever.
Wednesday night I really thought he was on his way and that we might have to miss out on our Thanksgiving meal and then... nothing.
We didn't find ourselves at the hospital until about midnight on Friday.
After being put through the wringer at the hospital (are they trying to torture you!?) I had finally reached 7cm at 4:45. In the past this has meant that the end is getting near and so, the doctor broke my water. I was thinking I had about an hour more to go judging by the intensity of the contractions.
Unfortunately, Benjamin didn't make an actual appearance for 3 1/2 more hours- at this point I was ready to die and really concerned that something was wrong.
Anywho, eventually the doctor came in, pushed my cervix out of the way, and out came Benjamin. After a very long night, at 8:30 in the morning, we finally met our sweet little man.
8lbs 15 oz with a very round large head.
Hopefully I didn't traumatize the hospital staff in those end moments....I certainly traumatized myself!
Absolutely my hardest birth, hands down. I hope I am never forced to deliver in a hospital enviroment again. Never ever.
Well, unless there are some serious drugs involved.
So. That's that.
He's home and absolutely perfect.
Unfortunately, he's been having some bilirubin issues and the doctors have been trying to monitor him each week. We'll see a specialist again in a week to try and pinpoint whats going on with his little liver.
In the meantime, Benjamin's been a little dream baby and we've been busy soaking up his sweetness.
I can't get enough of his little sweet smell, and velvety smooth head.
Our little Bene- meaning; well, good, blessing.
He certainly is a sweet blessing from God.








so glad for the birth of your handsome son! so sorry it was a rough birth! God bless you all!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to you all. Good job Mama!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Angela and Alex. Love those chubby cheeks. So sweet. Hope maybe our paths will cross next summer.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! I have been waiting for this! What a perfect lil' peanut. I love him in his little knit outfit. How goes the sleeping??? Oh, wish we could be there!
ReplyDelete