Friday, March 16, 2018

A few spring pictures






For my own "memory" bank- Oh Paul...



















Enjoying a little bit of spring weather. I say that and tomorrow it's supposed to snow! But, alas- it is what it is...

Regardless, I for one am certainly thankful for the longer days, early mornings that don't feel so early, quiet morning runs sans neck warmer, darkness, and watching my breath freeze.
We're enjoying the front porch once again and the sweet chorus of birds outside our windows- all day long it seems!

The forsynthia is covered in yellow blooms!

And those dafodils just need one more really sunny warm day to open up in all their glory.

It's all very exciting.

I"ve found myself watching english gardening shows as of late, pulling out the couple gardening books I have and mentally drawing up plans in my head. Nevermind the glaring fact that at best I'll be able to pull off a couple of planters before our move.

It doesn't make a difference to me.

Because, it's really about the anticipation, the creativity, the dreaming...it's not as simple as just the literal "flowers."

Someday, they'll be that. But for now, there's just dreaming.

At any rate, we had plans to get out of the house this weekend. However, considering the snow- that may be doubtful.

We'll celebrate Paul's 3rd Birthday this Sunday.
Hopefully with some bowling, pizza, and cake.

He is very excited. :) More on that little cuddily guy later.

P.S. Just a note to myself- When we moved here and first started going on Our Walk, the boys would ride their bikes and we would push Maria and Paul in the stroller.
When we would get to the bottom of "the hill," Alex would have to push the stroller up (with the two littles in it) while I would push one of the boy's bikes up, and then one of us would have to walk down again and push the other boy's bike up. It was all sort of an ordeal and involved a lot of, "come on, you can do it, we're almost there!"

I couldn't help but be hyper aware of the passing of time when on our last walk Alex and I arrived at the bottom of "the hill" with Paul (who rode his strider bike most of the way) to find Simon, William, and Maria at the top of the hill with their bikes already pushed to the top.

1 comment:

  1. I love that Maria is set up with a little wine while she puts together her meal!!!

    ReplyDelete