Monday, July 25, 2016

The Italian Alps

In all of my "wisdom" I decided last minute to not bring the big' ol camera. "The iPhone takes pretty good pictures," I thought to myself, "and I don't want to have to lug it around the whole trip."  Also, I couldn't find my lense cap, so that kind of sealed the deal.
Fast forward and it turned out not to be the greatest decision in the world, compounded by the fact that Alex's phone was on some sort of weird setting that takes tiny little videos rather than photos....ugh...how annoying!
Long story short, these photos have been a pain in the butt.
So in lieu of good photos, I bring you... lots of photos! :)



























We visited the northern region of France near Lago Maggiore. The place we stayed in was amazing. So charming and run by an incredibly hospitable Italian family and their two adorable Shar Pei dogs. We were spoiled each morning with a delicious breakfast and fresh fruit throughout the day.
The area was more beautiful than you can imagine, just gorgeous. The flowers! My goodness! I didn't know hydrangeas could get so HUGE, or that they grow on the side of rocky cliffs for that matter...
We took a boat out to three famous islands on the lake (one of which is a palace straight out of a Disney movie, chucked to the brim with the most gorgeous artwork)
Drove up to the very top of the Italian Alps and did a sort of rollar coaster down with the kids.
Walked up through a tiny Italian village to a beautiful waterfall, swam in it and enjoyed the gorgeous creek, cool water and miraculous lack of bugs.
Paradise. No doubt about it.
Currently trying to figure out the logistics of owning a little Italian cottage on that creek.
It's not looking good, but I'm hopeful. :)



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for yours posts! Dave and I laughed thinking about you and the garden hose, and your vacation looks fabulous. Hugs and Love. Linda

    ReplyDelete