Monday, June 16, 2014

Birthdays, Sunshine, Potty Training, and High Heels.



 
 






We celebrated Alex birthday last week!








Lots of excitement these last few weeks. My goodness!
For starters I'm just going to go ahead and gross out/ traumatize anyone who might be reading this by informing ya'll that bed bugs are indeed a real thing.
You heard me. BED BUGS!
Google it. Or don't- if you want to save yourself the horrific-ness.
Long story short- I had some sort of serious allergic reaction to some bites (which I'm still convinced were from a bed bug.) The guys from Orick came and checked things out saying that there were no signs of them in our house. Relief I suppose, although I'm going to go ahead and error on the super cautious side of things don't mind if I do....
Lets just say it's been sort of an expensive month with all of the bed bug paraphernalia.
The list goes something like:
-Bunk beds for the boys
-Toddler bed for Maria
-Bed for Mom and Dad (our box spring and mattress were on the ground)
-Mattress encasements all around.
-Bed bug traps, DE (natural bug killer) Bed Leg Traps.

I guess it's rice and beans for the rest of the month but, I will sleep tonight!

Apparently bed bug infestations are up 500% in the last year and the most common way to bring them home is from staying at hotels!
So....sorry to gross you out but I feel it is my civic duty to inform the entire world about these nasty little blood suckers! Take precautions and be aware and check your hotel rooms!

::A moment of silence to digest::........

And moving on!
Its potty training time in the McMahan household! AKA: Maria won't be wearing pants again for about another year.
It just always seems to work out that way. Naked babies= quickly to the potty.

Interestingly enough she also rather inconveniently has diarrhea- which means two things.
1. that I have emptied nickel sized squirts out of her potty approximately one million times today.
 and
2. Maria is well on her way to becoming a jelly bean diabetic.
So overall, a super successful week! ;)

It's been a beautiful couple of summer weeks in Alabama with tons of swimming and sunshine.
Doing our best to absorb all of this Alabama ness!

2 comments:

  1. oh dear, bed bugs, no fun! hope all goes well now! good bed stuff you got... much love! and hopes for a good potty training and happier tummies!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that made me laugh. I like how we were warned so as not to be grossed out about the bed bugs, but not about the diarrhea bit. I am eating a late dinner as I catch up on your blog. haha...we have plateaued on the potty training here, but mom is trying to help me catch back up. Wish I could come visit! Glad your flowers are blooming.

    ReplyDelete