Monday, January 13, 2014

A date with my little one.

Sometimes parenting comes naturally and everything flows simply and smoothly. Other times I feel just a bit like I'm drowning despite my best efforts to tread water.
We've definitely been going through the later phases as of lately. Too much crying-wayyyyy too much disciplining ....
And then yesterday I had the treat of walking to mass with just my little Will.
Just him and I walking in the warm morning sun. After a rather cold spell in Alabama, the sun was delicious.
 Picking up sticks along the way (because you never can have enough sticks or rocks for that matter), listening to his constant chatter about this and that.
 And for the first time in some time I actually heard his little voice. I found myself being amazed at all of his little insights and stories. I wasn't busy trying to carry on another conversation or caught up being too busy to listen.
 
 
 
It was just him and I and it was lovely and such a blessing from God.
And it occurred to me that we're given these little precious gifts and how important it is to remember just that.
They are precious.
I hope I will do better in the future at remembering- that when I'm starting to feel a familiar sensation of drowning, maybe instead of rushing around to "catch-up" on my various tasks and seriously considering locking my children up... :) Maybe instead of hushing them and scolding them for being little boys...   
what I really need is a sunny Sunday morning walk with my little ones.
Who knew it was that simple?
 
A prominent theme that seems to be reoccurring in my life.
 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post Anny. I know exactly that feeling

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't relate, but I am glad you will be there to give me advice someday.... miss you.

    ReplyDelete