So I'm going to go ahead and fast-forward through July, August, and most of September.... :)
Its Fall! and
beautiful if I do say so myself ( sorry I didn't get a chance to share)
Many of the leaves are now on the ground, the evenings and days have really cooled off and in the last couple of weeks I've found myself dreaming about (and ordering...) lots of yarn. Funny how just a little weather change can do that to you. We've spent the last few weeks back and forth to Meiers Lake cabin picking berries and doing some moose hunting.

We've been busy making cranberry sauce, blueberry jam, blueberry syrup, harvesting potatoes, carrots, onions and green beans and just the other day I grabbed the rest of the tomatoes. I'm told they should ripen up just fine inside and I was getting a little worried about a possible hard freeze. Potatoes, by the way, are a blast and I completely recommend planting them to anyone who enjoys gardening (or more specifically,
harvesting.) The boys and I had lots of fun gathering up all the little "treasures."
Will in particular seemed to think he was the official onion and potato organizer. Although I'm not exactly sure as to what particular method he was using, it seemed to make sense to him. Unfortunately he's been reorganizing them ever since and finally I had to put a lid on the potato box
Poor guy.
(the Dill doesn't seem to mind the cold one bit)
( Simon has become very interested in moose hunting and tells me on a regular basis that"(when) Simon big boy, Simon hunt moose with gun.")

(off to collect blueberries)
(and cranberries!)
As sad as it is to say goodbye to the garden for the next ( 7!!!!) months, its nice to slow down a bit and cozy into our little home. Its time to bake, knit, read, and eat lots of stew.
I'm pretty sure I can handle that. :)
We need to get together -- soon! Before the snow! :)
ReplyDeleteSummer flies when there is lots to do. We have had a few cooler days which mean that Autumn is on its way; some leaves have a hint of yellow or lighter green.
ReplyDeleteWe went to the BHSU Swarm Day Football game, and instantly our thoughts were drawn to you guys and how much we miss that you are not coming back.
The boys are changing, especially Will. They always change a ton in those first 2 years. We miss seeing you guys. Love to you all. Stay warm and bake lots of goodies.