I picked up Norwegian Handknits at the library a few days ago and have fallen completely in love! Its written by two woman who have based all of the projects in the book off of Norwegian knits in the Vesterheim Museum. The patterns are just gorgeous and the book is interspersed with all sorts of history and other good stuff I have been inspired....***I just finished the sweater yesterday and I was wondering if anyone new of a way to knit up two finished edges...? The sweater is knitted in one flat piece and the top edge (with the live stitches) is knit up with a kitchener stitch. I just turned it inside out and kinda sewed up the bottom but there's got to be a better way!
Yarn Along hosted by Ginny @ small things.

i enjoyed reading that book, it was very interesting & i learned a lot (blogged about it here: http://nestfullofeggs.blogspot.com/2010/02/day-4-2009-craft-books.html )
ReplyDeleteImpressive knits, and I really like the way the yarn became a sweater too...very warm!
ReplyDeleteThe sweater looks awesome!! I just LOVE the colors and the way it looks.
ReplyDelete